How to apply for written consent
Determine the location of your work relative to TC Energy's facilities. Work is not permitted to begin on the right-of-way until written consent has been obtained.
A request for written consent can be submitted to TC Energy through our online application form at writtenconsent.tcenergy.com
To better serve you and speed up your request, please provide the following information:
- Proposed activity – what are you planning to do?
- Location of proposed work (GPS coordinates and legal land location)
- Make and model of any equipment that will cross/encroach the pipeline facilities.
- Proposed activity date
- Axle load (weight)
- Your name and phone number
- Email address
You can also inquire by phone at 1-877-872-5177 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Make a locate request either online (ClickBeforeYouDig.com) or by calling your local One-Call Centre early, at least 3-5 business days in advance
The One-Call Centre will notify owners of buried utilities in your area, who will send representatives to mark these facilities with flags, paint or other marks, helping you avoid damaging them. Often written consent for minor activities can be obtained directly from a regional TC Energy representative through a locate request.
Once your information has been assessed and potential impacts have been evaluated, TC Energy may:
- Grant consent without any conditions
- Grant consent that requires certain conditions to be met to assure safety, or
- Not grant consent