1. EN
  2. FR
  3. ES

Portland Natural Gas Transmission System

Natural Gas Icon

Overview 

The 188-mile (303-km) Portland Natural Gas Transmission System spans New England from the Canadian border to pipeline connections in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts. The system began operations in 1999 and is strategically located between three major pipeline networks originating in Canada and the Southern U.S.

TC Energy owns 61.7 percent of the Portland Natural Gas Transmission System. The remaining 38.3% is owned by Northern New England Investment Company Inc. (NNEIC). The pipeline includes 107 miles of jointly owned facilities with Maritimes & Northeast Pipeline and PNGTS owns 32 percent of the joint facilities.

For commercial information, visit ColumbiaPipeInfo.com.

For information on the related Portland XPress project, visit the project page.

Safe and reliable operations since 1999

Strategically located between major pipeline networks

Helping meet natural gas demand throughout New England

Documents and maps

How are we regulated?

The Portland Natural Gas Transmission System is governed according to regulations outlined by the U.S. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC). It is also subject to rules and regulations of the Department of Energy (DOE) administered by the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).

Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC)
Local 1-202-502-6088
Toll-Free 1-866-208-3372

WEBSITE  EMAIL

Ways to reach us

We’re here to answer your questions. For general questions you can contact us by email, but for a quicker response, please call us directly.

Portland Natural Gas Transmissions System (TC Energy)
700 Louisiana Street
Houston, Texas 77002
1-832-320-5000

Emergency Response
Our commitment to the safety of our people, pipelines and facilities is unwavering. In case of an emergency, visit our Contact page for our complete list of emergency numbers.

Landowner Helpline
A key component in maintaining the integrity of our facilities is input from all stakeholders: Indigenous communities, landowners and governments. If you have questions or concerns, please let us know.

Head Office
700 Louisiana Street
Houston, Texas 77002

1-877-287-1782

Media Relations
TC Energy welcomes enquiries from media. Please direct questions to:
1-800-608-7859 Toll-free (North America)

Investor Relations
We welcome inquiries from analysts, shareholders and prospective shareholders at:
1-800-361-6522 Toll-free (North America)