TC Energy declares quarterly dividends
CALGARY, Alberta, Nov. 09, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — News Release — TC Energy Corporation (TSX, NYSE: TRP) (TC Energy or the Company) today announced that its Board of Directors (Board) declared a quarterly dividend of $0.90 per common share for the quarter ending Dec. 31, 2022, on the Company’s outstanding common shares. The common share dividend is payable on Jan. 31, 2023 to shareholders of record at the close of business on Dec. 30, 2022.
The Board also declared quarterly dividends on the outstanding Cumulative First Preferred Shares as follows:
- For the period up to but excluding Dec. 30, 2022, payable on Dec. 30, 2022, to shareholders of record at the close of business on Nov. 30, 2022:
- Series 1 (TRP.PR.A) - $0.2174375 per share
- Series 2 (TRP.PR.F) - $0.3300658 per share
- Series 3 (TRP.PR.B) - $0.105875 per share
- Series 4 (TRP.PR.H) - $0.2897370 per share
- For the period up to but excluding Jan. 30, 2023, payable on Jan. 30, 2023, to shareholders of record at the close of business on Jan. 3, 2023:
- Series 5 (TRP.PR.C) - $0.1218125 per share
- Series 6 (TRP.PR.I) - $0.3271671 per share
- Series 7 (TRP.PR.D) - $0.243938 per share
- Series 9 (TRP.PR.E) - $0.235125 per share
- For the period up to but excluding Nov. 30, 2022, payable on Nov. 30, 2022, to shareholders of record at the close of business on Nov. 15, 2022:
- Series 11 (TRP.PR.G) - $0.2094375 per share
- For the period up to but excluding Feb. 28, 2023, payable on Feb. 28, 2023, to shareholders of record at the close of business on Jan. 31, 2023:
- Series 11 (TRP.PR.G) - $0.2094375 per share
These dividends are designated by TC Energy to be eligible dividends for purposes of the Income Tax Act (Canada) and any similar provincial or territorial legislation. An enhanced dividend tax credit applies to eligible dividends paid to Canadian residents.
The Board also approved the issuance of common shares from treasury at a two per cent discount under TC Energy’s Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRP). Under the DRP, investors holding TC Energy common or preferred shares can receive common shares instead of cash dividend payments. For further details, including how to enroll in the program, please refer to https://www.tcenergy.com/investors/dividends/.
About TC Energy
We’re a team of 7,000+ energy problem solvers working to move, generate and store the energy North America relies on. Today, we’re taking action to make that energy more sustainable and more secure. We’re innovating and modernizing to reduce emissions from our business. And, we’re delivering new energy solutions – from natural gas and renewables to carbon capture and hydrogen – to help other businesses and industries decarbonize too. Along the way, we invest in communities and partner with our neighbours, customers and governments to build the energy system of the future.
TC Energy’s common shares trade on the Toronto (TSX) and New York (NYSE) stock exchanges under the symbol TRP. To learn more, visit us at TCEnergy.com.
This release contains certain information that is forward-looking and is subject to important risks and uncertainties (such statements are usually accompanied by words such as "anticipate", "expect", "believe", "may", "will", "should", "estimate", "intend" or other similar words). Forward-looking statements in this document are intended to provide TC Energy security holders and potential investors with information regarding TC Energy and its subsidiaries, including management's assessment of TC Energy's and its subsidiaries' future plans and financial outlook. All forward-looking statements reflect TC Energy's beliefs and assumptions based on information available at the time the statements were made and as such are not guarantees of future performance. As actual results could vary significantly from the forward-looking information, you should not put undue reliance on forward-looking information and should not use future-oriented information or financial outlooks for anything other than their intended purpose. We do not update our forward-looking information due to new information or future events, unless we are required to by law. For additional information on the assumptions made, and the risks and uncertainties which could cause actual results to differ from the anticipated results, refer to the most recent Quarterly Report to Shareholders and Annual Report filed under TC Energy’s profile on SEDAR at www.sedar.com and with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission at www.sec.gov.
Stone Grissom / Suzanne Wilton
403-920-7859 or 800-608-7859
Investor & Analyst Inquiries:
Gavin Wylie / Hunter Mau
403-920-7911 or 800-361-6522