Apr 27, 2017
What is a PIG?
Jon Sadler, Manager of In-line Inspection Canada at TC Energy, has been working with these tools and running in-line inspections for 15 years and compares it to getting a regular check-up from your doctor.
“We do these in-line inspections periodically and it gives us an overall health of the pipeline.” Sadler explains.
“Ideally it tells us our pipeline is in really good shape, but if we find something unexpected we know where it is and why and we can take preventative measures so we can keep supplying energy to our customers.”
For more information about PIGs or in-line inspection watch the full-length videos from our PIG suppliers or read our other stories:
- WATCH VIDEO | Rosen Canada Ltd.
- WATCH VIDEO | Baker Hughes, a GE Company
- LEARN MORE | TC Energy Fact Sheet: Inspecting our pipelines (PDF, 1.04 MB)
- LEARN MORE | TC Energy Fact Sheet: Constantly investing in new technology (PDF, 1.93 MB)
- READ STORY | Front-line workers drive innovation, set gas pipeline inspection record
- READ STORY | Allure of record PIG run pulls retired TC Energy pipeliner from pasture